on Tyne. Robert Curthose eldest son of the Conqueror, built a fortress
here in 1080, which, in contradistinction to the old Roman Castrum of
Pons Aelii, was called The New Castle, whence the present name of the
notes: The model can be
found either white glazed or brown unglazed. Only the white version carries
a coat of arms, which is generally found on the roof of the building as shown
in the photograph.
Material Copyright © 2000-2013 The Goss Collectors'