William of Wykeham
of Wykeham Founder of Winchester College 1393. Rd. 208046
notes: This coloured
statue was registered in 1893 and was presumably introduced in the
same year by the then Winchester agent (A. L. Henty) as a
commemorative souvenir marking the 500th anniversary of the founding
of Winchester College. The main inscription appears in Gothic script
on the front of the pedestal as can be seen in the photograph. The
registration number is found on the porcelain head of the removable
wire-stemmed crozier. The statue does not carry
a coat of arms.
Material Copyright © 2000-2012 The Goss Collectors'