inscription: Model of Windleshaw
Chantry in St. Helens catholic burial ground. Founded by Sir Thomas Gerard
of Bryn after the battle of Agincourt (A.D. 1415) for a priest to celebrate
mass there for the souls of his ancestors for ever. The last priest was
Richard Frodsham of Wyndle (A.D. 1548). A present from Lowe House New Church
matching arms: En Dieu
Est Mon Esperance
notes: Apart from one or two
copies which bear the
arms of Blackpool, this model is only known bearing matching arms. These arms
are in fact
the personal arms of Sir Thomas Gerard of Kingsley and Bryn, though they
are not named as such.
Material Copyright © 2000-2012 The Goss Collectors'